Classic Ayurveda Organic Amalaki Powder
Traditional ayurvedic spice powder
Out of StockOur shop no longer sells this product.
- Amla is known as a fruit for youth and beauty in the Ayurvedic tradition. It is considered the most important Rasayana. The fresh fruit is extremely sour and contains a lot of vitamin C.
- Of the six possible flavours, Alma contains five - all except salty. It targets all three doshas, but mostly pitta.
- Normally Amla fruits are cooked for a short period after harvesting, to separate the fruit from the kernel. With Classic Ayurveda the pulp is mechanically separated from the kernel without heating the fruit. The fruits are dried at low temperatures and then ground to powder. This powder is creamy white and contains a high ORAC value due to its gentle processing.
- Modern science has defined the so-called ORAC value to indicate the antioxidant properties of a plant. ORAC stands for Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity and is measured in ORAC units per 100 g. It gives the consumer a comparative measure that can serve as an indication of the antioxidant potential of food.
- According to some scientists, the average daily requirement of an adult is about 5,000 - 7,000 ORAC units. The Amla powder contains 100 g each of 123,900 ORAC units (determined by the LEFO Institute - accredited testing laboratory).
- As a comparative example, raspberries contain per 100 g 4,882 units, and Moringa leaf powder contains 62,600 units. Our Amla powder contains a significantly higher level of ORAC units even in small amounts.
- Take 2 teaspoons daily in water, a smoothie or sprinkled over food.
|Types of Products:
|Vata, Pitta, Kapha, Tridosha
|Allergens - Free from:
|Organic, Vegan, Reduced Plastic, Rasayana
Ingredients: Indian amla * (Amalaki)
*from controlled organic cultivation