Ayurvedic Tips for Beautiful Skin
For a Beautiful Complexion
Our complexion says more than 1000 words. It quickly provides information about how we live, whether we live in balance with our environment or suffer from constant stress. In line with Ayurvedic principles, skincare can also be adapted to the different constitution types.
Ayurvedic Skin Types
- Vata: The Vata skin type is primarily characterised by fine pores and a rosy-brownish complexion. In a healthy state, the Vata skin is supple and velvety. Otherwise it is brittle, cracked and dry.
- Pitta: Freckles and moles are a hallmark of Pitta skin type. If the Pitta is increased, this skin type tends to impurities, allergies and irritations. In contrast, healthy Pitta skin is soft, warm and adequately moisturised.
- Kapha: Oily, sebum, lymphatic - Kapha skin has large pores, which means this skin type struggles with impurities. Well padded and robust, however, it is in a healthy state.
Massages are an important pillar of Ayurveda. Gentle massages with walnut, avocado or sesame oil are suitable for Vata skin types. Pitta skin types, on the other hand, would be better off with cooling coconut oil or almond oil. Kapha types benefit from canola, safflower and grapeseed oils.
Getting enough sleep is important for healthy and beautiful skin. Our skin regenerates itself during sleep. For this reason, it is recommended to go to bed before 10 p.m.
3. Masks and Compresses
Similar to massages, masks and compresses are an integral part of Ayurveda. Warm compresses should be used for Vata, while cooling products such as parsley or rose water should be used for Pitta. Steam baths or herbs like ginger, turmeric or neem are suitable for Kapha.
True beauty comes from within! This is precisely why the right diet is essential for a beautiful complexion.
5. Regular Cleansing
Before going to bed, you should cleanse your skin thoroughly. This is the only way to remove make-up, excess sebum, dust and other impurities.
6. Bathing and Showering
A long, deep soak can bring our senses back to life. However, make sure your bath additives do not dry your skin. Moisturising substances such as oils or whey powder can help here. In addition, bath additives and shower gels should be free of alcohol.
Now nothing stands in the way of a beautiful, glowing complexion!
- Warming and relaxing
- Before showering & bathing
- Ideal for stress
500 ml£11.97(£23.94 / l)5.0 (2)
- Does not contain flavour enhancers
- With crystal salt from the Himalayan foothills
- Delicate, full-bodied taste
300 g£7.78(£25.93 / kg)5.0 (2)
- Hydrates & conditions
- UV protection
- Prevents premature aging
50 ml£8.13(£162.60 / l)4.3 (7)
- Gorgeous colors
- With powerful herbs
- Mellow taste
Loose tea, 40 g£5.22(£130.50 / kg)5.0 (1)
Discover Ayurveda 101 UK:
Free delivery in United Kingdom
Delivery in 5 business days.
More than 7.150 products